Chief Master Sgt. Kahn W. Scalise is the command chief master sergeant of the 302nd Airlift Wing, Air Force Reserve Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. In this capacity, he serves as principal advisor to the commander on all matters relating to readiness, training, professional development, force utilization, operations tempo, health, morale, welfare and leadership of the wing's enlisted reservists. He ensures personnel compliance with Air Force policies optimizing a mission-deployable force. He performs as the functional manager to the first sergeants within the wing and serves as the commander’s representative on councils, boards and selected events within the military and civilian communities.
Chief Scalise entered the Air Force in October 1993. His first direct specialty included Transportation and Vehicle Operations. In September 1996, Chief Scalise cross-trained into the Space Operations Systems career field and graduated from the Satellite Specialist course at Vandenberg AFB, California. His background includes a myriad of roles including additional duty first sergeant, flight chief, operations superintendent and squadron superintendent. He has deployed in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom and New Dawn.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the individual mobilization augmentee to the command chief master sergeant, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Georgia.
1996 Space Systems Specialist Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
1997 Satellite System Operator Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
1998 USAF Airman Leadership School, in-residence, Air Force Academy, Colo.
2002 Associate degree in Space Operations Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Bachelor of Science Information Technology, University of Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2005 Master in Business Administration, Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2008 USAF Non-Commissioned-Officer Academy, by correspondence
2009 Systems Acquisition Management, Defense Acquisition University by correspondence
2010 USAF Senior Non-Commissioned-Officer Academy, by correspondence
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2011 Space 300, National Security Space Institute, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2012 Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Project Management Institute, by correspondence
2014 Fundamentals of Test and Evaluation, Defense Acquisition University
2015 Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course II, by correspondence
2017 Air Force Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Reserve Components National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1993 – December 1993, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. December 1993 – October 1994, Vehicle Operator / Dispatcher, 12th Transportation Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
3. October 1994 – September 1996, Vehicle Operator / Dispatcher, 374th Transportation Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
4. September 1996 – June 1997, 533rd Training Squadron, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
5. June 1997 – September 1999, 3rd Space Operations Squadron, Falcon Air Station, Colo.
6. October 1999 – March 2009, 6th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
7. April 2009 – March 2014, 380th Space Control Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. April 2014 – November 2016, Detachment 1, 8th Space Warning Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
9. November 2016 – July 2018, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
10. July 2018 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 'M' Device and hour glass
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Oct. 5, 1993
Airman April 5, 1994
Airman First Class Feb. 5, 1995
Senior Airman April 5, 1996
Staff Sergeant July 1, 2000
Technical Sergeant March 1, 2006
Master Sergeant May 1, 2008
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2011
Chief Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2015
(Current as of July 2018)