Colonel Berry commissioned after completing Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, Alabama. He is a master navigator instructor and evaluator having flown more than 3,800 hours performing airdrop, combat airlift and aerial firefighting missions. He has flown more than 150 combat sorties in Iraq and Afghanistan and has more than 70 aerial firefighting drops. Colonel Berry has deployed in support of Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Restore Hope, Coronet Oak, Inherit Resolve and Freedom's Sentinel.
Colonel Berry is an Air Reserve Technician who has worked as a traditional reservist at the squadron, group and wing level as well as staff experience at the combatant command level.
1995 Bachelor of Science in political science, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va.
2005 Master of Business Administration, University of Arkansas, Little Rock, Ark.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2015 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J McNair, Washington D.C.
2018 Master of Arts in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. May 1997 - December 1998, Student, specialized undergraduate navigator training, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla./Randolph AFB, Texas, and Student, C-130 aircrew training, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
2. January 1999 - June 2002, C-130 Navigator, Instructor, Tactics Officer, Evaluator 41st Airlift Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
3. June 2002 - June 2005, Instructor, Evaluator, Flight Commander, 53rd Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. June 2005 - September 2009, Instructor, Flight Commander, Chief of Tactics, 731st Airlift Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
5. September 2009 - March 2011, Flight Commander 95th Airlift Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
6. March 2011 - June 2015, Current Operations Officer, Deputy Operations Group Commander 302nd Operations Support Squadron/302nd Operations Group, Peterson AFB, Colo.
7. June 2015 - June 2017, Commander, 731st Airlift Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo. (January 2016-May 2016, Commander, 746th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
8. July 2017 - June 2018, Student, United States Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
9. July 2017 - present, Commander, 302nd Operations Group, Peterson AFB, Colo.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
July 2015 - June 2017, J753 Branch Chief, North American Aerospace Defense Command Headquarters/U.S. Northern Command J75, as a lieutenant colonel
Rating: Master navigator
Flight hours: More than 3,800
Aircraft: C-130E, C-130H2, C-130H3
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor device and six oak leaf clusters
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with device
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Feb. 7, 1997
First Lieutenant Feb. 7, 1999
Captain Feb. 7, 2001
Major May 2, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel May 2, 2013
Colonel July 9, 2018
(Current as of July 2018)