|COLONEL JACK H. "JAY" PITTMAN, JR.|
Colonel Jack H. Pittman, Jr., is the commander of the 302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. He is responsible for all operational taskings of the 302nd Airlift Wing, to include commanding a reserve airlift wing consisting of a dozen C-130H aircraft and approximately 1,300 Air Force Reserve and 200 active duty members through the U.S. Air Force's Total Force Integration initiative. He also ensures the following missions of the wing are accomplished: medium range airlift for tactical airland and airdrop, Modular Airborne Fire Fighting and Aeromedical Evacuation.
Colonel Pittman earned his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Mississippi in 1982. After attending Officer Training School at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, he was commissioned as a second lieutenant. Colonel Pittman has served in a variety of flying and staff positions during his career in the Air Force Reserve including a deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
1982 Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Mississippi
1983 Officer Training School, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1984 Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
1993 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Installation Inspector General Training Course
2010 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education
1. April 1983 - April 1984, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. April 1984 - December 1990, WC-130 pilot, aircraft commander and instructor pilot, 815th Weather Flight, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. December 1990 - December 1995, C-130 instructor pilot, Chief of Aircrew Training, current operations officer, 815th Airlift Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
4. December 1995 - May 1998, WC-130 / C-130 examiner pilot and Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
5. May 1998 - August 2001, C-130 tactical airlift operations manager and Chief of Tactical Airlift Training, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
6. August 2001 - May 2004, C-130 operations officer, 96th Airlift Squadron, Minneapolis-St. Paul ARS, Minn.
7. May 2004 - July 2005, Commander, 934th Operations Group, Minneapolis-St. Paul ARS, Minn.
8. July 2005 - January 2008, Commander, 315th Operations Group, Charleston AFB, S.C.
9. May 2006 - November 2006, deployed, Deputy Director, Multi-National Forces Iraq, Aerial Component Coordinator Element, U.S. Embassy, Baghdad, Iraq.
10. January 2008 - January 2009, Director, Intel, Air, Space, and Information Operations, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
11. January 2009 - present, Commander, 302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 5,400
Aircraft flown: C-17, C-130H, C-130E, C-130B, WC-130H and WC-130E
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver and two bronze oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with two silver and bronze oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with two devices
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 1, 1983
First Lieutenant July 24, 1985
Captain April 1, 1990
Major March 8, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 29, 2000
Colonel May 29, 2004
(Current as of August 2013)